The Landscape Horticulture Intern will support the core functions of our landscaping company, rotating among multiple business units. The intern will gain real-word paid field experience by taking on assigned responsibilities to sharpen core skills. This position will run for approximately 90 days during the summer of 2022, depending on the accepted candidate and variables such as graduation date. The successful candidate will be energetic, knowledgeable in horticulture, and a self-starting individual looking to utilize their construction or horticulture-related college education to work at the next level within the field.
For more supplemental information, such as short-term housing suggestions and recreational activities, please visit www.timberlinelandscaping.com/careers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibilities will vary among the various business units to give the intern a well rounded experience: mowing, flowers, pruning, and associated tasks in maintenance; installs and small enhancements in construction; repairs and installs in irrigation; and sales, project management and account management.
- Support other functional departments as a supplement to the internship; such as Accounting, Human Resources, Technology, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Estimating.
- Must, at minimum, currently be in junior year of college to be considered.
- Bachelor’s (or meet the criteria above) in either Project Management, Horticulture, Construction Management, or relevant college coursework and experience. An emphasis or minor in any of the above areas will also be considered.
- Must be punctual, responsible and have a positive attitude
- Must be self-driven and reliable
- Must be able to interact with customers in a professional manner
- Must be able to read and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, professional references, and criminal record.
- Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in multiple business units.
Desired Qualities to Include
- Landscaping industry experience.
- Construction industry experience.
- Experience in horticulture and/or outdoor fields.
Physical Demand & Work Environment
- Occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs, above 50 pounds required to ask for help.
- This is an outdoor job with exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- This job, at a minimum, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, control of hand tools and small to medium sized machinery.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Title: Landscape Horticulture Intern
Reports To: Various
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or at least junior year
Experience: None required
Career Level: Temporary, Intern
Length: Approximately 90 days during the summer of 2022
Benefits: (Per company eligibility)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Legal Shield and AFLAC
- Paid time off
- 401K Investment plan
An Equal Opportunity Employer/E-Verify/Drug free workplace
8110 Opportunity View, Colorado Springs, CO 80939
Apply online, download the application, or come in and fill out an application today!