TMC Financing, headquartered in sunny downtown Oakland, California, has TMC Financing has an awesome opportunity for an entry level Junior Accountant who wants to grow their career with a forward-thinking award-winning small business lender. TMC Financing is one of the top small business lenders in the country and is a “Best Places to Work” award recipient in the Bay Area for the 5th time! We are excited you clicked on our job posting! Let us fill you in on the opportunity:
· Are you a talented data-driven and detailed oriented financial services professional?
· Do you go above and beyond in your obsession with detail?
· Most importantly, do you love being around talented people in a fast-paced, collaborative hybrid office environment?
If you are open to working both in the office and work-from-home and the descriptions above sound like they fit your background and interest, this may be the opportunity for you.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and banking. The Junior Accountant assists with general ledger duties and reporting as needed.
Why does this position exist – to serve the needs of our internal “clients”.
· Input accounts payable into Bill.com and QuickBooks. Obtain approval on invoices when needed. Process payments in Bill.com, based on due date. Maintain A/P files. Follow up on vendor issues and questions.
· Refund client deposits monthly.
· Invoice clients for any outstanding fees. Follow up on outstanding invoices with clients.
· Record client deposits, lender fee payments, and loan origination and servicing fees. Prepare daily bank deposits and prepare cash transfers as needed.
· Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
· Reconcile company credit card statements monthly.
· Issue year-end 1099’s.
· Assist with annual financial audit, including providing requested documents to the auditors and other audit requests.
· Assist with annual SBA report.
· Provide backup support to phones and Office Manager.
· Provide notary services for the servicing and closing department.
· Provide HR Administrative support as needed.
· Additionally, any other duties are needed to help drive the company’s vision, fulfill its mission and adhere to TMC’s core values.
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and/or 2+ plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organized, disciplined thinker with ability to work independently in fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent time management and project management skills; must be able to track and manage details for projects/tasks, and prioritize against daily responsibilities;
- Excellent attention to detail without compromising deadlines;
- Strong people and communication skills are essential. Must interact productively with many different types of personalities and work levels;
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills;
- Strong written communications and email etiquette skills;
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Expensify, Bill.com, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Online.
About TMC Financing
TMC is a small, dedicated group of hard workers, are amicable, and love to have fun.
Our office atmosphere is casual, comfortable, and pet-friendly. Senior leadership champions feedback, growth opportunities, and provides consistent recognition of achievements for their teams. TMC also encourages ongoing training, and whenever possible, promotes from within the Company.
TMC offers flexible schedules, great benefits, and lots of perks, including catered lunches at least weekly, free snacks and sodas, gym reimbursement, company-paid commuter checks, lots of celebratory parties, and matching charity donations, paid maternity and parental leave, and a very generous vacation and Holiday offering.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer Microsoft Word or PDF formats.
TMC Financing is an EOE. Thank you for your consideration.