Are you the type of person who enjoys being awake during the hours that most others are sleeping?
If so, we would like to talk to you about joining our growing Front Desk/Concierge team on the overnight (NOC) shift. Touchmark, a Portland-based award-winning developer, owner, and operator of full-service senior living communities in the western United States and Canada, is a community in Portland’s lushly forested West Hills. .
As a Front Desk team member, you will be focused on creating a five-star experience for residents and guests, as well as ensuring a positive first and last impression of our beautiful community. You will perform duties such as:
- greeting and signing in/out all guests and vendors who enter the building
- handling all internal and external switchboard inquiries
- tracking resident and guest requests
- ensuring requests are completed in a timely manner by the appropriate department (including maintenance and housekeeping requests)
- receiving and distributing mail and packages
Your professional and friendly attitude will shine in this role and will contribute to the overall experience of everyone who visits or lives in this community.
We are a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operating community. We currently have available our 12-hour overnight/NOC shift.
10:00 pm – 10:30 am
Rotating two week schedule which will look something like:
NOC week #1: Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 10:00 pm – 10:30 am
NOC week #2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 10:00 pm – 10:30 am
The front desk tends to be a quiet place during the overnight shift. Visitors and incoming phone calls will slow down as the evening progresses, so the person who fills this role will be someone who enjoys finding tasks that need to get done in order to keep themselves busy. In addition to monitoring the front desk throughout the night, responding to emergencies –Our bulk newspapers are also delivered overnight, and the overnight Concierge will be responsible for delivering those newspapers to individual resident homes.
If you have a servant’s heart, an eye for detail, and consider yourself a “night owl,” you may be the person we are seeking for this role!
Position & Educational Requirements:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Organized, detail conscious, and self-initiating
- Outgoing, warm, friendly personality
- Have a genuine interest in caring for elderly residents and working in a geriatric environment
- A commitment to a high degree of confidentiality
- The ability to multi task
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Respect the confidentiality of all residents and staff information and records
- Prior experience working nights is strongly preferred
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a commitment to Touchmark’s values (hospitality, compassion, excellence, teamwork, and integrity), as well as a desire to model these values and to encourage others to be allies, friends, and givers
- Have a “can do” attitude towards their work and be passionate about maintaining a five-star site appearance
- Experience answering calls on a multi-line phone system in a professional manner
- Flexibility in their schedule to cover for their team members when the need arises.
- A professional appearance, combined with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize among multiple and/or competing tasks in a high-traffic area with multiple interruptions
Need more reasons why it is GREAT to work here?
· On site Health and Fitness Club which Team Members can join for only $10 per month
· On-Demand Pay allows you to access your pay as you earn it!
· For commuting options, we are steps away from the TriMet bus Line 20-Burnside/Stark which runs 24 hour service and we are minutes away from the Sunset Transit Center.
· Reduced employee meals
Touchmark is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an EEO Employer. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screenings.
Touchmark in the West Hills, nestled on 80 forested acres just three miles from downtown Portland, features approximately 270 residences comprised of single-family homes, garden homes, independent apartment homes, and licensed-care homes. The majority of the campus will remain as open space – offering residents such luxuries as walking trails, lakes, vineyards and a winery producing pinot noir, courtyards and plazas, garden plots with a greenhouse, a 40,000 square foot Clubhouse and Health & Fitness Center, and a rooftop terrace.