Seeking qualified applicants for Thanksgiving/Winter, Spring & Summer Break camps + substitutes for school-year programs.
Join Trackers Earth and be part of the Best Camps in the Known Universe.
Connect kids to nature and help change their lives! Trackers is a youth organization founded on the idea that kids can navigate real challenges, truly contribute, and develop the grit and character needed to help save the world!
Who is a Tracker? In our camps, a Tracker follows what we call the Trackers Code:
- Mission Save the World!
- Purpose Care for Family, Nature, and Many Generations.
- Compass Pay Attention, Be Truly Helpful, Respect, Remember Our Story
- Action Call Be Ready, Be a Caretaker, Be Gritty, Be a Team
What is a Trackers Team? Our camps organize youth into Trackers Teams. The goal of a Trackers Team is to contribute through self-direction, self-discipline, and selfless service.
- Four to eight campers make a Trackers Team.
- Two to four Trackers Teams make a Fellowship.
- Together, an Apprentice, Specialist, and Coordinator guide the Fellowship.
When am I needed? While we are primarily looking for youth educators and teachers who can join us for Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring, and Summer Break camps, there are also opportunities for year-round employment as Supervisors and Content Developers.
Why Tracking? Tracking is the timeless art of observing the world around us and developing deeper connections to nature. The wilderness challenges youth to uncover hidden puzzles, to survive with long lost skills, and to thrive together in a community.
Where does this work lead? At Trackers you help create immersive experiences. You may be part of a camp teaching wilderness survival, stealth, and archery. You might bring kids to the farm and help care for donkeys, chickens, and goats. You could take a group fishing and canoeing. You may even guide them in a role-playing story filled with secret agents, lost treasures, or wizards. Trackers camps are legendary for their grand productions and fantastic adventures, but everything comes back to building character in service to our community. Our role as Guides:
Inspire, motivate, and energize youth to contribute in self-directed Trackers Teams.
How do I join Trackers? We’re looking for inspired educators, both new and experienced, to connect with our team. From enthusiastic individuals just starting out to seasoned teachers and outdoor program managers—there’s a role for you. Fill out an application so we can explore where your adventure is in Trackers Earth.
Already have a school year job? Our training for break camps and summer is flexible, offering options you can schedule beyond normal work hours.
We’re looking for:
- Apprentice Guide: Inspire kids on outdoor adventures learning incredible skills.
- Specialist Guide: Expert educators with specific skills from fishing to outdoor survival.
- Coordinator Guide: Motivate and lead teams of youth and Guides.
- Supervisor Guide: Supervise and mentor Coordinators to deliver the best camp experience for kids.
Requirements for all positions:
- Able to act as a role model and embody the Trackers Code with youth.
- Show enthusiasm to learn and model the core skills of Tracking.
- Have grit, becoming more calm and creative, not emotional, when challenged.
- Show professionalism while supporting youth, families, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Believe in the capability of all ages of youth to contribute with self-direction, self-discipline, and selfless service.
- Follow all safety and quality practices outlined in Trackers training and by Trackers Guides.
- Able to transport yourself to work on time at any Trackers site. This is important!
- See below for required attributes and certifications.
- Complete required credentials and paid trainings in a timely fashion. Trainings are offered at flexible intervals and on days that may accommodate pre-existing professional commitments.
Apprentice Requirements, Role & Compensation:
- 2+ years of general work history.
- Enthusiasm to learn outdoor education and Trackers Skills.
- Role With a Coordinator and Specialist, guide two to four Trackers Teams.
- Compensation $17.25 – $18.25 per hour ( average day is 7 – 8.25 hours)
Specialist Requirements, Role & Compensation:
- Experience and enthusiasm to work with youth, helping them to contribute.
- 6+ years of general work history, ideally in education or the skill you specialize in.
- One or more of the following specialty skills is useful to have experience with: Wilderness Survival & Tracking – Farm Craft & Homesteading – Fishing & Canoeing – Role-Playing with Outdoors Skills – Climbing & Paddle Sports – Paintball – Photo, Ceramics, Woodworking, or Blacksmithing
- Role With a Coordinator and Apprentice, guide two to four youth directed Trackers Teams in specific skills or camp themes.
- Compensation $20.50 – $21.50 per hour (teaching days average 5-6 hours)
Coordinators & Supervisors Requirements:
- Ability to coordinate and plan for complex logistics, flexibility in working with challenges.
- Capability to set and maintain high standards of performance for staff and campers.
- Able to work with large groups of youth while dividing them down into multiple teams.
- Expertly communicates with parents, staff, and youth.
- Cleans like a boss, maintaining gear, buses, and show ready appearance of team.
- We can help you get this: CDL Class B-Large Bus endorsement.
Coordinators only Requirements, Role & Compensation:
- 1 season of management experience, preferably in outdoor or educational settings.
- 1+ years experience in outdoor education or 2+ in general education.
- Role Oversees a team of both an Apprentice Guide and Specialist while guiding two to four youth directed Trackers Teams in specific skills or camp themes.
- Compensation $843 – $863 per week (pro-rated for abridged weeks)
Supervisors only Requirements, Role & Compensation:
- 6 seasons of management experience, preferably in outdoor or educational settings.
- 3+ years experience in outdoor education or 4+ in general education.
- Role Supervises and manages several teams of Coordinators overseeing Apprentices and Specialists, collaborating on continual program development and elevation.
- Compensation $875 – $895 per week (pro-rated for abridged weeks)
We are committed to being fair in how we pay. Summer rates of compensation are transparent, and fixed, so you can be assured Trackers Earth provides equal pay for equal roles and responsibilities. Compensation from a position’s base rate relies on documented licenses and work history.
Please Note Training pays Minimum Wage, during normal teaching schedule, the regular pay scale applies.
Required Certifications, Attributes & Physical Demands:
- Maintain high professional standards.
- Punctual and timely for all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to transport self to various site locations.
- Ability to set and communicate expectations and boundaries for youth in a positive way.
- Ability to think on your feet, be creative and care for the safety of children even in challenging situations.
- Completed Vaccinations for COVID-19 (verification required)
- CPR/First Aid certified (or ability to complete before position begins)
- Food handlers certified (or ability to complete before position begins).
- Anaphylaxis & Epinephrine Auto-Injector certified
- State fishing license (if working with programs that fish).
- Ability to continuously stand, hike backcountry terrain on and off-trail, bend, squat, climb stairs/hills, lift up to 50 lbs.
- Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
- 18 years of age or older for any position EXCEPT Teen Apprentice
- Pre-employment checks (completed by Trackers): criminal background & references
- Central Background Registry-(employee responsibility to complete and provide verification)
- Varies, typically Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Be able to report to any Oregon worksite within 30 miles of our SE Portland Headquarters or our Sandy school. You must have your own transportation options capable of maintaining this. Trackers is not responsible for your report to work needs.
- First Aid/CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Anaphylaxis & Epinephrine Auto-Injector Certified (Preferred)
- Food Handlers Certified (Preferred)
- CDL Class B-Large Bus endorsement (Preferred)
- Multiple locations