Reports to: Associate Marketing Director
Position Purpose: Trans Ova Genetics offers a fall internship program that is designed to give students who have a passion for serving clients in the bovine reproductive industry a real-world experience in the area of reproductive technologies. The Trans Ova Ambassador intern position will assist the Trans Ova Marketing team by traveling to World Dairy Expo to promote Trans Ova by setting up the trade show booth, taking the lead on creating social media content during the week and interacting with potential clients. This position will also help with the creation of social media posts, blogs, client newsletters, and any other communication related projects to provide company coverage during the World Dairy Expo. Travel expenses, hotel and meals in Madison, WI will be covered.
- Provide world class client service to both internal and external clients.
- Attend World Dairy Expo on behalf of Trans Ova and set up/man trade show booth.
- Assist Marketing with maintaining and creation content highlighting World Dairy Expo.
- Interact with clients through written, verbal, and face to face interactions.
- Develop content for social media platforms and website.
- Maintain a professional image reflective of Trans Ova’s industry position.
- Follow Trans Ova’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Students must have completed their sophomore year of undergraduate studies in Animal Science / Agriculture Communication or a related degree. It is preferred that students have already completed a course in reproduction. Knowledge dairy show industry preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Ability to stand for long periods of time and carry on conversations with clients concerning our services. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Ability to attend World Dairy Expo in Madison, WI the entire time.
Knowledge of the bovine industry and bovine reproduction highly desired.
Knowledge and/or Experience with social media business accounts.
Proficiency with a computer including Excel, Power Point and Word.
High degree of professionalism is required.
Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
Strong interpersonal, communication, written skillset.
Passion for livestock industry and serving internal and external clientele.
This internship opportunity is for one week only during World Dairy Expo