Reports to: Associate Marketing Director
Position Purpose: Trans Ova Genetics offers a summer internship program that is designed to give students who have a passion for serving clients in the bovine reproductive industry a real-world experience in the area of reproductive technologies. The Trans Ova Ambassador intern position will assist the Trans Ova Marketing team by traveling to multiple industry and breed Jr. National events throughout the summer promoting Trans Ova by setting up trade show booths and interacting with potential clients. This position will also help with the creation of social media posts, blogs, client newsletters, and any other communication related projects. Travel will be required 75% of the summer. This position will interface with Client Service Representatives from other centers.
- Provide world class client service to both internal and external clients.
- Attend industry events on behalf of Trans Ova and set up/man trade show booth.
- Assist with operation processes required to meet client needs.
- Assist Marketing with maintaining and creation content highlighting summer events.
- Interact with clients through written, verbal, and face to face interactions.
- Develop content for social media platforms and website.
- Successfully complete a project and presentation on a topic related to continuing to improve the client experience.
- Maintain a professional image reflective of Trans Ova’s industry position.
- Follow Trans Ova’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Students must have completed their sophomore year of undergraduate studies in Animal Science / Agriculture Communication or a related degree. It is preferred that students have already completed a course in reproduction. Knowledge of beef and dairy show industry preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Environment will vary from office setting, on-farm visits, and industry events. Ability to stand for long periods of time and carry on conversations with clients concerning our services. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Extensive travel will be necessary
Knowledge of the bovine industry and bovine reproduction highly desired.
Knowledge and/or Experience with social media business accounts.
Proficiency with a computer including Excel, Power Point and Word.
High degree of professionalism is required.
Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
Strong interpersonal, communication, written skillset.
Passion for livestock industry and serving internal and external clientele