Note: By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to our Summer Internship Program openings in over 140 locations throughout the U.S
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated and diverse Technical Interns (STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) for our Summer 2022 intern program. This is a paid full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2022 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role upon graduation. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Team Leaders and partner with engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Our Technical Interns:
- Assist on current environmental permitting and compliance projects
- Assist with wetland delineations, wildlife and plant surveys, and other biological field work
- Document research and field investigation
- Assist with developing and writing reports and environmental permitting documents
- Network with company professionals
- This is a full-time, paid position
- Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2022 (flexible)
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Must be enrolled in environmental science, biology, ecology, natural resources, or related field
- Excellent data collection, technical writing and communication skills
- Comfort in the outdoors and ability to maintain a positive attitude during year-round field work in a variety of weather conditions
- Self-motivated and detail-orientated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- The successful candidate will also be able to perform well with minimal supervision and have familiarity with GPS and GIS technologies
- The candidate should have a strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with engineering software applications (AutoCad, MathCad, ESRI, HydroCad, WaterCad, ARCView GIS, etc.) is preferred but not required
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package dependent upon level of education, technical capabilities, and market conditions. A 401k plan with a company match is also available. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled