The World’s Largest Golf Outing (WLGO) Marketing Intern (WMI) is a member of Indigo Golf Partners Marketing Team, with the daily responsibility of implementation of WLGO marketing communications and customer service for this Indigo Golf Partners nationally held event.
The WMI works closely with the Indigo Marketing, Accounting, and Operational Team to communicate and coordinate effectively regarding the event. The WMI reports directly to the WLGO Marketing Lead. Using feedback and direction from these internal customers, the WMI creates and implements relevant communications that are accurate, on time, consistent, and creative for the national event.
· Handle website and phone customer service inquiries; includes but not limited to registering participants and handling customer questions.
· Create/write email and social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) content to be posted on WLGO’s digital platforms.
· Maintain WLGO communication plans and calendars; ensure communications are posted in a timely fashion.
· Load tee times through event management platform for golf courses.
· Track and close out golf courses with accounting at the completion of the event.
· Meet with the WLGO Committee and Marketing Associates to prioritize jobs and to receive direction and feedback on work.
Role Qualifications and Skill Requirements
· One year work experience in marketing, advertising, website development, or related area.
· Possess or working on a degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related area.
· Demonstrated ability to build broadcast email and update website content using content management system.
· Attention to detail and ability to follow Indigo Golf Partner & WLGO style guidelines.
· Possess excellent writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook; Adobe Photoshop; and internet technologies.
Compensation is $10/hr.
For Additional Company Information
Please visit the Indigo Golf Partners website at www.indigogolf.com