As a Sensor Software Engineer Intern, you will work closely with our R&D team to develop sensor system solutions for autonomous vehicles.
- Design and develop software systems and internal tools for autonomous driving vehicles
- Develop sensors drivers & APIs & SDKs, evaluate sensors performance, integrate sensors to the vehicles, build sensors calibration solution, support algorithm development, and calibration activities for vehicles
- Integrate vehicle systems including sensing modules, perception modules, monitoring modules, etc.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a M.S. or Ph.D. program in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or a related field
- Proficiency with Python and/or C++/C
- System software design and programming – including parallel processing, threading, synchronization, etc. to realize complex middleware and applications
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including a systematic approach to determining root cause, implementing solutions, and documenting results
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following areas: unmanned autonomous platforms, software system engineering, vehicle integration, sensors systems, etc.
- Work with world-class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission-critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more