This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ. Remote friendly during COVID-19
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
At TuSimple, our Vehicle Control team is an important part of creating our Autonomous Truck system. You will be responsible for working on the communication interface between our autonomous system and vehicle controls. Focusing on algorithm development and features of dynamic controls, you will be a key part of helping TuSimple achieve full L4 vehicle autonomy.
- Develop features and functions for autonomous vehicle by wire control systems
- Implement and develop changes to algorithm using Matlab/Simulink, and other related programs
Experience & Skills Required
- MS in engineering with a focus on automotive controls or BS with relevant experience
- Solid understanding of vehicle and by wire control
- Understanding and prior use of automotive communication protocols such as CAN
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow and/or C is required
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Have experience competing in autonomous driving contests
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in Vehicle control, Autonomous Driving and/or
- Experience in strategy such as Model Predictive Control, Pure Pursuit, Envelope Control, etc.
- Experience in ISO26262, FMEA, AUTOSAR, OSEK, Broad-Reach
- Experience in software test (MIL/SIL/PIL/HIL, Static/Dynamic, black box/white box/grey box)
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.