U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position, you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to help people make smart decisions about the things that matter.
The U.S. News & World Report Marketing department is looking for a full time, paid, Marketing Intern to work with the 360 Reviews team. Supporting our marketing efforts across Google SEM, Email marketing, 360 Labs (Photo/Video) and supporting our presence on social media. You’ll have the opportunity to work for a historically influential brand, learn from talented coworkers and most importantly your work will help shape content used by consumers making crucial life decisions every day whilst also growing our inbound visitor volumes.
- Working with the SEM team to report performance metrics (KPIs), drive landing page optimization and enhancements supporting margin growth
- Supporting SEM optimization, production process and defining a clear priority path of projects
- Work with multiple stakeholders to define and execute email marketing campaigns to enhance interactions with our audience
- Support strategy for the delivery of push notification program (via Pushnami), enhancing visibility of campaigns, optimizing based on insights and driving inbound traffic to our site content
- Supporting 360 Labs video and photo output, scheduling, planning, reporting for the 360 Reviews YouTube channel (development and growth)
- Working with the USN Social media team to prioritize and schedule 360 Reviews outputs
- Develop a range of Performance / KPI reports to share with multiple stakeholders
Reports to: Senior Director – Partnerships, USN 360 Reviews
You should definitely have:
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 24+ credit hours (rising sophomores/juniors/seniors) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- Recent Graduates
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
It would be nice if you had:
- Previous experience within a marketing team or agency environment, social media in a business environment or significant experience with personal use
- Understanding of marketing strategy, planning and reporting
- Exposure to email marketing program delivery and execution
- Interest in working in social media, marketing or communications
Other job info:
- 1 year: September 2021 – August 2022
- 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday