Are you passionate about social justice? Would you like to work for one of the best non-profits in Oregon? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is a unique, empowering and exciting place to work! We’re currently seeking a “Job Coach” to join our team within the Supported Employment department.
As a Job Coach, you’ll support a small caseload of adults who experience various disabilities. You’ll work 1-1 supporting your customers in community-based jobs. Most of your time will be spent at various work sites in Multnomah and Clackamas County driving to and from these sites throughout the day. You will support your customers to learn new tasks, strengthen skills, and check-in with their managers about their progress. On occasion, you may provide transportation for a customer when other transportation options are not available.
This position requires schedule flexibility to accommodate the work schedules of the customers on your caseload. You will work 40 hours per week, generally Monday-Friday, during daytime hours with two consecutive days off per week. You will be managing your own daily schedule with the guidance of your supervisor. Your weekly schedule may include job coaching shifts on the weekends since the hours will vary based on customer needs.
This is a hybrid remote and office-based position at our Northeast Portland office. Job coaching is a unique position and some of the tasks that you will perform in addition to coaching include the following: documenting your daily activities, generating monthly progress reports, and assisting to develop Individual Support Plans for your caseload based on their employment goals.
This is a great job for people who would like to transition into the field of Supported Employment, learn case management skills, and make a positive contribution to their community every day. You will also gain experience in advocacy, networking, and developing professional relationships with employers. There are many opportunities to learn and grow within our team as well as extensive paid training for career advancement.
- $17.75 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
- Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative (including massage therapy and naturopathy) coverage, for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents.
- 3 weeks of paid time off per year rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP. If the average number of hours you work every two weeks fluctuates, your PTO accrual is pro-rated based on the actual hours you have worked.
- 8 paid holidays off per year.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Partial cell phone reimbursement.
- 401k retirement plan with up to 4% employer match.
- Eligible for quarterly placement and retention bonuses that are shared as a team.
- On-going paid training.
- Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
- Be able to drive on the job: must be at least 18 years old, have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least two years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner across multiple platforms both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience independently balancing multiple work demands.
- Experience in the developmental disability field and previous coaching/teaching/mentoring experience preferred but not required.