Are you looking for a flexible job that is custom-designed for you? Do you value providing one-on-one, person-centered supports to adults who experience disabilities?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you! We’re expanding our Substitute Team and looking to hire several Substitute Caregivers.
As a Sub, you’ll empower adults who experience disabilities to live independent and fulfilling lives! Our customers are supported in various aspects of their lives, which means you’ll have the opportunity to assist with community outings, household chores, medical supports, and personal hygiene. You’ll work with UCP’s diverse customer-base, building genuine and long-lasting relationships! Our dedicated staff provide exceptional care and services making UCP Oregon a very rewarding place to work!
You’ll have the opportunity to choose the hours and days you would like to work each week. For example, you may choose to work a 3-hour shift, a 24-hour shift, or anything in between. While a consistent schedule is not always guaranteed, we do have daytime, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts available!
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone seeking a position that will accommodate a school schedule, home business, passion project, or simply the need to have a meaningful part-time position with an awesome organization!
Our customers live throughout the Portland Metro area and surrounding areas including Oregon City, Milwaukie, and Gresham.
- $15.50 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
- $1100.00 retention bonus if hired, work 30 hours or more per week, and remain employed with UCP through December 31st, 2021 (Limited-time opportunity!)
- $550.00 retention bonus if hired, work an average of 15 to 29 hours per week, and remain employed with UCP through December 31st, 2021 (Limited-time opportunity!)
- Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- Flexible work schedule (part-time and full-time hours available).
- Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
- Paid sick leave.
- Mileage reimbursement if driving for UCP.
- Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• No experience required—training will be provided.
• High school diploma or GED.
• At least 18 years old.
• Must pass a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, reference check, and criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance company), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old and be proficient in the use of public transportation.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Substitute Caregiver (Your Choice of Hours)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. UCP considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We encourage BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people who experience disabilities to apply.
• Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.