Are you looking for a chance to make a difference every day? Would you like to work one-on-one with people who experience developmental disabilities?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! At UCP, we get to know our clients’ life goals and supports utilizing a person-centered approach. We empower them to develop their self-advocacy abilities because we believe in the power of assisting the folks we serve to make informed and independent choices, develop deeper connections within the community, and achieve personal goals. Our dedicated staff provide exceptional care and services making our person-centered mission worth sharing. In addition, our work culture is progressive, casual, open door, and fun.
“Supported Living Specialists” help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live independently in their own houses and apartments. You’ll get to help them make their own choices, learn awesome new skills, and do fun activities in the community. Some folks will need help with chores, and others will need assistance with personal care such as showering and medication administration. You’ll work one-on-one, so you’ll have the time to build real relationships.
We’re currently seeking three full-time “Supported Living Specialists” who will work 40 hours per week choosing from the two schedule options listed below.
40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (8 to 9 hours per day, generally between the hours of 8am to 6pm).
*Note: For Schedule 1, you will be on-call for 35 days per year. When you are on-call, you will be paid overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
40 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday (8 to 9 hours per day, generally between the hours of 8am to 6pm).
*Note: For Schedule 2, you are required to work 5 Agency holidays per year–MLK Day, Independence Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and Christmas Eve.
For Schedule 1 and 2, if you work a 9-hour day a couple days per week, you will be scheduled to work fewer hours other days during the same week.
This is a great job for people who want to gain experience in the fields of social services, social justice, non-profits, and healthcare… and for anyone who’s looking for a long-term career. Be proud of where you work! Come join UCP Oregon.
- $16.26 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
- Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- 3 weeks of paid time off, rising incrementally to 4 weeks after 5 years of service.
- Schedule 1: 11 paid holidays off per year.
- Schedule 2: Holiday pay for 5 Agency holidays (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work) and 6 paid holidays off per year.
- 401k retirement plan with up to 4% employer match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Partial cell phone reimbursement ($10 per month).
- Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Be able to transport clients in your car: be at least 18 years old, have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least two years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Be able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
- Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.