Use of Umatilla County application is MANDATORY. http://www.co.umatilla.or.us/hr/
Defends the Federal and State constitutions. Acts as an officer of the Court and deputy to the chief law enforcement official in the county. Performs functions of a deputy district attorney at the misdemeanor/felony/circuit court level. Reviews reports from various police agencies, makes charging decisions, prepares charging documents, prepares cases for trial, prepares witnesses, assists victims, does legal research, briefs issues for hearings, does motion practice, represents the state at court proceedings, offers legal advice to police, county and state officials, reports to crime scenes when called, participates in an on-call list rotation for after-hours access for local law enforcement agencies.
· The person who fills this position must hold a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from an accredited law school and be a member in good standing with the Oregon State Bar Association.
· The person will undergo an extensive legal background check.
· The person must possess a commitment to team work and a strong motivation and ability to work with different agencies and individuals in dealing with crime.
· The person must have respect for a wide range of lifestyles, sensitivity to difficult issues and a positive outlook.
· The person must have the ability to prioritize work and be able to work alone with little or no supervision at times.
· The person must have the ability to remain firm in their efforts to seek Justice.
· Current Driver License and ability to safely operate a passenger vehicle.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Proficient Computer and Word user skills
SALARY: DA I $4,988.00/Month (to start) – Plus Excellent Benefits
DA II $5,730.00/Month (DOE)
DA III $6,792.00/Month (DOE)