We are looking to hire a Senior Payroll Officer/Office Manager to join our team!
Located in Portland, OR, Unifylink has worked extensively with businesses small and large to develop online brand awareness since 2011. Our team comprises award-winning designers, marketing strategists, and content creators who understand how to harness digital media as a powerful branding tool. Our business development team is second to none.
We have a Silicon Vally vibe to our office; have fun, work hard, casual dress code. Although we have been around for ten years, it feels like a start-up again due to the tremendous growth we are experiencing.
The Senior Payroll Officer/Office Manager will have a minimum of three years of experience in a dynamic and advanced office environment. Qualified individuals must be self-reliant, creative and think outside the box. The SPO/OM will work directly with the owner on daily operations tasks and provide weekly reports to the owner. Must be extremely detail-oriented.
Will perform a variety of payroll and accounting duties. Qualified candidates will have a broad understanding of payroll and accounting topics and must show an interest in continuing to learn and understand how to interpret new payroll and accounting guidance. We are a quickly growing company requiring team members to be adaptable, well organized, and proactive in their job duties.
This position will process payroll, including sales commissions for approximately 100 employees. The position will also assist in areas of compliance and reporting as required by government policies and guidelines following state and federal payroll laws. In addition, they will support requests by management for sales data and analysis. This person will be responsible for the daily administrative responsibilities of running a sales office.
- Three years minimum experience in a complex office environment
- Expert level: ADP/Intuit
- Advanced skills with CRMs such as Salesforce and Zoho
- Excel Spreadsheet with advanced formula calculations experience
- Advanced math skills highly preferred: Algebra II, Pre-Calculus
- Expert level billing systems
- Proficient problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements, as well as a basic understanding of state employment laws.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills.
- 3+ years of strong payroll experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with State, Local and Federal taxes preferred
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen.
- 1-2 years of CRM experience, Zoho or Salesforce preferred.
- A Four-Year degree is preferred.
- Process an accurate issuance of employee pay, commissions, accrued bonuses, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of all information in adherence to government policies and guidelines.
- Answer questions and requests related to payroll information while protecting confidential information.
- Maintain payroll documentation.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure correct employee tax data for new hires and enter new hires into the ADP payroll system.
- Process terminations and issuance of final pay.
- Post changes to pay and tax status.
- File tax and voluntary deduction reports.
- Collect and disseminate time and attendance information for accurate payroll processing.