DIRECTOR OF MUSIC, Unitarian Universalist Church in Eugene – permanent part-time (.50)
- ● Formal training and significant experience in choral conducting
- ● Familiarity with a wide diversity of spiritual, secular, and justice music
- ● University degree in Music (or equivalent)
- ● Broad knowledge and teaching ability of music techniques, theory, performance, musical periods, styles and choral repertoire
- ● Keyboard and arranging skills desirable
- ● Clarity and empathy in organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, work easily with others
- ● Strong leadership and teamwork experience
- ● Direct the adult choirs in some Sunday services from September to mid-June
- ● Train and rehearse 1.5-hour choir sessions every Wednesday evening
- ● Participate in planning of worship services including choral and other music selections
- ● Work collaboratively with church staff and manage the pianist/organist
- ● Responsible for the Music Program budget
- ● Expand the music program, working musicians into services and other events.
The DoM is part of the ministry of the church and collaborates to lead our congregation’s musical life. The UUCE Music Program is a vital asset for our church community. We are searching for a DoM who will foster connection and living into covenant, one who both challenges and nurtures the choirs and the congregation. We are actively engaged in building a true multicultural welcoming congregation, and we expect our DoM to be invested in this challenge. BIPoC applicants are strongly encouraged to apply! This is a 20-hr/week position, 10-11 months, with room to grow. Negotiable start date in 2021-22.