Salary: Salary range depending on Choir Directing experience, $19,700 – $25,900, paid within
the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) guidelines.
The Interim Choir Director’s responsibilities include:
- Direct the two adult choirs in two Sunday services a month from September to mid-June
- Train and rehearse two 1.5-hour choir sessions Wednesdays every week
- In collaboration with the Minister, select choral music for the worship service of the church
- Participate in planning of worship services
- Work collaboratively with staff across Church functions
- Work collaboratively with the pianist/organist
- Bachelor’s degree in Music (minimum or equivalent)
- Formal training and significant experience in choral conducting
- Familiarity with adult choirs
- Musical love, talent, and ability to communicate
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalism desirable
This position is eligible to reapply to UUCE in 2022 as Director of Music. UUCE is a liberal church with a strong community of spiritual seekers, ethical humanists, and believers in social justice. Our members identify with and draw inspiration from Christianity, Humanism, Paganism, Judaism and other religious and philosophical traditions. The UUCE Choirs are a vital asset for our church community. We are searching for a Choir Director who will foster connection and living into covenant, one who both challenges and nurtures the Choirs and the congregation. We are actively engaged in building a true multicultural welcoming congregation. We expect our Choir Director to be invested in this challenge.