This position provides primary supervision and support for Unity Shelter’s programs. Staff are expected to deliver services in a manner that respects diversity, is trauma-informed, and maintains safe conditions.
- Supervising activities in and around the shelter and managing access for shelter residents.
- Consistently monitors participant behavior to provide a safe environment for all on site.
- Periodically clean/disinfect shared spaces.
- Engage shelter residents to check on conditions, ensure compliance with shelter behavior rules, identify needs for referral to partner providers.
- Managing access through the main gate, monitoring the parking area, managing guest check-in/out.
- Maintaining documentation in Shelterware regarding residents on site, incidents and issues.
- Participates in Unity Shelter required training related to Housing First principles, Trauma-Informed Care, Crisis Intervention & Prevention training, blood borne pathogen training and other training deemed necessary to the position.
- Implements de-escalation tools & practices, conflict resolution, crisis management, critical decision making; supports peers in these practices.
- Engage with community members, provide hospitality.
- Substitutes for other staff when need arises.
- Communicates policies to participants, staff and visitors to ensure understanding of procedures.
- Protects participant confidentiality.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of one year experience working with people experiencing homelessness is recommended
- Familiarity with and able to apply trauma informed care approaches in client interactions
- Commitment to equity and inclusion