Company: University of California, San Francisco
Position Title: Data Research Analyst
Department: Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Location: Mission Bay (SF)
Position Type: Full Time
Work Days/Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Requisition #: 59083BR
We are seeking a Data Research Analyst to coordinate and conduct analyses and perform data management for several projects related to life course and genetic predictors of dementia risk and cognitive aging. The core work would involve data management and statistical analyses, working with members of the research team on interpreting and writing up results for publication. Secondary responsibilities would include organizing the process for manuscript submissions; drafting, tracking, and ensuring timely completion of Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols; data use requests and progress reports; and engagement in grant-writing process including preparation of preliminary analyses.
The position will support multiple projects within our research team, including:
• Genetic predictors of cognitive aging-Evaluation vascular risk factors and MRI markers of structural brain integrity and cognitive decline
• Statistical methods to improve generalizability of clinic-based studies of cognitive aging
• Methods to harmonize cognitive measures across linguistically and socioeconomically diverse populations
• Evaluation of effects of education and other social factors on cognitive aging.
This position will work with a team of students, post-doctoral fellows, research analysts, and faculty to promote several research projects in the group.
Please note: This is a research grant-funded full-time contract position ending on 6/30/2022, with potential renewal as we anticipate the projects will continue.
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics (DEB), housed within the UCSF School of Medicine, has a vision to advance discoveries and insights into the distribution, determinants and outcomes of disease that will drive improvements in population health worldwide.
The DEB has three missions: 1) education, 2) science, and 3) research. Its educational mission is to train students in epidemiologic and biostatistical methods for studying disease etiology and prevention, evaluating tests and treatments, and using evidence-based approaches in clinical practice and population health. The scientific mission of the DEB is to perform outstanding basic, clinical and population health research along a spectrum from molecules to society and to develop tools for the translation of knowledge that will improve clinical practice and population health and ensure optimal use of resources. The clinical mission of the Department is to support the practice of public health and preventive medicine in local, state, national and international health agencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• 5 of more years of related experience
• Thorough skills associated with statistical analysis and systems programming
• Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
• Ability to work in an open space environment
• Master’s degree in a quantitative field, e.g. biostatistics, statistics, computer science, epidemiology, data science
• Thorough knowledge of research function
• Thorough skills in analysis and consultation
• Skills in project management
• Research skills at a level to evaluate alternate solutions and develop recommendations
In order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. Once you complete the online application process, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received. Submitting your resume to UCSF opens the door to many immediate and ongoing job opportunities. Your resume will remain active in our applicant database and you will be able to update it as needed.
To submit your resume online go to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=6495&siteid=5861#jobDetails=3139200_5861
Emailed applications are not accepted.
Apply specifically to requisition # 59083BR
An email address is required for you to submit your resume.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.