The Department of Cell Biology at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, has an exciting opportunity for a full time Postdoctoral Associate. The Postdoctoral Associate performs scientific research and studies under the supervision of managing staff. Moreover, the Postdoctoral Associate promotes institutional recognition through literal contributions to the scientific community.
- Conducts research on specific areas of study as assigned.
- Prepares research reports and technical papers for publishing.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Develops advanced analytical models and systems and provides solutions and analyses to support strategic and tactical decisions.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in Microbiology and Immunology
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Strong experience with cell culture, and Molecular Biology techniques such as DNA and RNA purification, cloning, qPCR, Western Blot, immuno-precipitation, post-translational regulation, cell signaling.
- Strong experience in T-cells assays (CTL), ELISA, cancer models and immunotherapy. Immunohistochemistry knowledge and Flow Cytometry.
- Experience with Recombinant Viral Vaccines and neutralizing Antibody Assays.
- Ability to perform in vivo experiments using murine models: breeding of Mouse strains, bleeding and vaccine injections technique proficiency.
- Previous experience with animal experiments: syngeneic Mouse Models development. Strong knowledge of immunology and cell biology.
- The candidate will need to be able to convey information effectively, to work independently, and to follow verbal and written instructions. Individual must possess advanced knowledge and be capable of exercising considerable latitude for independent judgement, perform non-routine and complex laboratory duties requiring advanced technical skills and proficiency for divisional faculty. Will receive general supervision from the PI of the laboratory.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.