Are you looking to join a team that gives you a sense of reward and accomplishment? At UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, you can experience this each and every day.
UPMC Children’s Hospital is hiring a casual Pediatric Sonographer! This role will be scheduled varied shifts with no on-call responsibilities. Some weekdays and holiday shifts will be required. If you’re an experienced professional looking to pick up extra hours, we want to hear from you!
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package that few employers can match and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and provides the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today to find out where your career can take you!
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment.
- Assures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system; assures all exams are properly networked to STENTOR for archiving and interpretation. Ensures charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Covers call and off-shifts on a rotational basis.
- Performs a variety of technical ultrasound procedures, correlating appropriate patient history, laboratory data, and physical findings, for the purpose of assisting in a patient’s medical diagnosis under the direct supervision of a physician or registered ultrasound technologist.
- Assists with training of staff, student sonographers and physicians.
- May be responsible for High Level Disinfection of devices, supplies and/or equipment
- Demonstrates ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation. Completes procedures according to protocol.
- Obtains appropriate image documentation of cross-sectional anatomy in all body planes demonstrating anatomy, anatomical relationships and ultrasonic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissues.
Completion of formal training in an Ultrasound program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) required, or RDMS registered. 2 years of ultrasound experience preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
RDMS Registered or registry eligible. Must have completed the Physics portion of the registry. Must obtain RDMS in pediatric Ultrasound within 12 months of hire date.
The ARRT registered person will be given 18 months from date of hire to gain the CT specialty registration ARRRT (CT)
RDMS Registered required. CPR or BLS preferred. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) OR Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.