UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital is hiring a casual CT Technologist to support the PET CT department! If you are an experienced imaging professional looking to pick up extra hours, this could be your opportunity! This role is weekends-only and will work varied shifts to include midnights every third weekend.
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Performs computed tomography procedures utilizing established scan protocols, including contrast administration without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Administers PO, rectal and IV contrast per physician orders/department policy and assesses patients for potential risk factors prior to the administration of the contrast media required for the imaging procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment to adjust protocols, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic CT purposes.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Demonstrates proper technique in venipuncture; demonstrates proper use of power injector according to set protocols set by department and/or manufacturer.
- Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or completion of accredited CNMT program.
- CT experience preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT certified as a Radiologic Technologist is required or certified by a CNMT program.
- Must obtain CT Board Certification within 18 months of hire date.
- CPR or BLS Required
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- ARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.