UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh is hiring a part-time Diagnostic Technologist! This role will be scheduled varied shifts with on-call, weekend, and holiday responsibilities. Additionally, this position is located at UPMC Children’s Hospital, however, there may be some coverage required at satellite locations.
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package that few employers can match, a generous sign-on bonus of $3,000 to those who qualify, and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and provides the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today to find out where your career can take you!
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Administers PO and rectal contrast per physician orders/department policy.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs diagnostic radiography procedures utilizing established protocols/procedures without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, manipulation and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols and shows initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic radiography purposes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or verification from ARRT approved school of completion of program and scheduled graduation date.
- Technologists hired before graduation will have indirect supervision by an ARRT certified diagnostic technologist until the degree is verified.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT Registry eligible as a Radiologic Technologist.
- Must obtain radiography registry within 12 months of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) required.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- ARRT Certificate
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.