UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE SPACE INSTITUTE (UTSI)
2023 SUMMER RESEARCH INTERN PROGRAM
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Summer Research Intern Program at UTSI in Tullahoma, Tennessee provides undergraduate students with research experiences. Interns are assigned to the supervision of one or more UTSI professors and given a long-term research project to complete over the course of the summer. At the end of their appointment, interns summarize their research in individual final reports and discuss their findings in short presentations. Some travel may be required. Additional educational opportunities are provided, including engineering seminars and a career panel discussion. Due to COVID-19 developments, the program is subject to change.
9 Week Summer Internship
Application opens in December 2022. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2023
Position Type: Temporary, Part-time (75%)
Salary: Total of $4,050 stipend ($15.00/hr x 30 hrs/wk x 9 wks) (Rate for 2022)
Location: UTSI campus in Tullahoma, Tennessee
Starts On: First week of June, 2023
Ends On: First week of August, 2023
Travel: Some travel to other facilities may be required.
REQUIREMENTS: These internships are open to undergraduate students who are majoring in physics, chemistry, material science, computer science, mathematics, all branches of engineering, and related fields. Candidates must be 18 years of age or older. Depending upon the fund source, U.S. citizenship may be a requirement. Candidates considering graduate school at UTSI given priority. Candidates should also have enthusiasm for research, a desire to learn, and the ability to work well with others.
HOUSING INFORMATION: A limited amount of on-campus housing is available for summer research interns. The dormitory overlooks Woods Reservoir and a room can be reserved on a first come, first serve basis. There is no cost associated with staying in the dormitory but sharing the space with a roommate is a good possibility. Pending COVID-19 developments, availability of rooms could be affected.
Note: Application will not be available until December 2022. Email email@example.com to be notified of application opening. The following steps will become live in December 2022.
To apply, please complete ALL of the following steps:
1. Complete Online Application – keyword 21000002IJ through the following site: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_system/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
2. Attach Resume to Online Application.
3. Attach Academic Transcript to Online Application. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
4. Attach Letter of Recommendation to Online Application. Letters of recommendation may also be submitted directly to the firstname.lastname@example.org email box. Please reference the applicant’s name and include “Letter of Recommendation” in subject line – Example: Jane A. Student – Letter of Recommendation.
5. Attach Completed Addendum to Online Application. Before filling out this form, please save it to your computer to ensure that changes are kept. The addendum is available for download at the following site: https://www.utsi.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/application_addendum_12-13-18_G.pdf
For best consideration, applications for the internship should be submitted by March 4, 2022. Applications received after this date will be reviewed if all slots have not been filled.
Applicants may be interviewed. Successful applicants will be notified by March 31, 2022.
INQUIRIES CAN BE MADE TO: UTSI Human Resources, Equity & Diversity, and Compliance, Email: email@example.com – Ph: 931-393-7226 – http://www.utsi.edu/utsi-summer-research-intern-program/. Summer Intern Coordinator: Meghan Morris, Ph: 931-393-7213, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Tennessee Space Institute is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status.