The Immunology department at MD Anderson Cancer Center seeks to determine the fundamental cellular and molecular mechanisms of a wide range of processes by which the body recognizes and eliminates pathogens and use these findings to unleash the patient’s own immune system against previously treatment-resistant cancers. Treating the immune system rather than the cancer itself, the therapeutics developed are applicable to many cancers.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and participates in scientific research projects.
- Compiles, writes and submits reports to superior.
- Assigns and reviews work of subordinates, determines specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluates resulting research data, and revises techniques or approaches to work problems.
- Optimizes and establishes new technologies (analysis software) to be used in the Immunotherapy Platform.
- Analyzes and interprets high dimensional datasets, for example, flow cytometry data (17-18 colors) using FlowJo and mass cytometry data (35-40 colors) using ViSNE, Phenograph and FlowSOM.
- Develops bioinformatic tools for biomarker identification.
- Analyzes genomic data such as single-cell RNA-sequencing (scRNA-seq) on tumor biopsies to identify characteristics of the tumor cells (phenotypic and transcriptomic) as well as the immune microenvironment which are associated with clinical responses.
- Beneficial skill sets would also involve experience in analyzing DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, methyl-seq, TCR-seq data.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree.
Required: With PhD, no experience required. With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
Preferred: Data Analysis experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 139071
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 53,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 66,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79,800
- Science Jobs: Yes