The Immunology department at MD Anderson Cancer Center seeks to determine the fundamental cellular and molecular mechanisms of a wide range of processes by which the body recognizes and eliminates pathogens and use these findings to unleash the patient’s own immune system against previously treatment-resistant cancers. Treating the immune system rather than the cancer itself, the therapeutics developed are applicable to many cancers.
The ideal candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree with major course work in one of the basic sciences and Pathology experience.
- Coordinates and conducts experiments and carries out research projects in the research laboratory in accordance with established protocols.Performs manual and automated immunohistochemistry, and Western blotting analysis for antibody test and validation.
- Helps with digitalization of the stained slides using Aperio scancope.
- Performs common functions in laboratory.
- Coordinates with other laboratories as necessary in carrying out experiments.
- Optimize the CODEX platform in pathology lab to plan future multiple studies and training on the associated software.
- Assist with performing multiplex staining (multiple IF) as needed.
- Receives regular lab order.
- Cleanup of lab on regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recording, validation, evaluation and analysis of experimental data.
- Documenting and reporting of findings in a standard format.
- Maintain the database for CODEX testing and optimization with all experimental run details.
Required: Bachelor’s degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.
Required: No experience.
Preferred: Pathology experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 142192
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 30,400
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 45,600
- Science Jobs: Yes