The mission of the Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology (MCO) is to enable and apply basic research excellence to significantly contribute to ending cancer. The department’s oncology-driven research focuses on fundamental mechanistic discoveries and their translation to humans. As a basic science department at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, MCO strives to enhance basic research excellence by establishing a strong research group focused on the molecular and cellular aspects of cancer research, particularly in signaling pathways and crosstalk between tumor and tumor microenvironment in tumor initiation, progression and metastasis, and resistance to various therapies. The Department’s research interests include, but are not limited to: cancer cell signaling, metabolism, RNA biology, genetics and epigenetics, DNA damage and repairs, and structural biology. MCO hosts MD Anderson’s Functional Genomics Core with the support of the Cancer Center Supporting Grant.
Molecular & Cellular Oncology
Conducts research experiments and projects
- Conduct experiments and carry out research projects with the team’s assistance in animal studies involving:
- Roles and regulation of PTEN in tumorigenesis using genetically engineered mouse models
- Exploring the PTEN intersection pathway in metabolic & immune dysregulation programs associated with cancer risk in vivo using genetically engineered mouse models and patient-derived xenografts
Operate lab equipment
- Construct, assemble and operate laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Record and evaluates data in accordance with methods requested.
- Attend and participate in lab meetings.
Required: Bachelor’s degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master’s degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Required: Two years experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 141003
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 36,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 54,000
- Science Jobs: Yes