The Immunology department at MD Anderson Cancer Center seeks to determine the fundamental cellular and molecular mechanisms of a wide range of processes by which the body recognizes and eliminates pathogens and use these findings to unleash the patient’s own immune system against previously treatment-resistant cancers. Treating the immune system rather than the cancer itself, the therapeutics developed are applicable to many cancers.
- Performs routine data analysis and reporting.
- Assists with the report of experimental results for presentation in scientific meetings and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Takes advantage of flow cytometry knowledge to use the program FlowJo to analyze data and tinker with compensations.
- Provide guidance to lower level laboratory staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analyzes flow cytometry data using FlowJo and Cytof data using workflow, cyt and other programs.
- Processes and analyzes data for the publication of manuscripts.
- Exercises considerable initiative in planning and executing the details of experiments and in evaluating and interpreting the results.
- Manages and records inventories using Tableau program.
- Assist with the report of experimental results for presentation in scientific meetings and publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Conducts critical experimental record keeping in laboratory notebooks.
- The Research Investigator will be responsible for planning and conducting sc-RNA sequencing assays and determine experimental outcomes using specific analysis software. These tasks will require the performance of complex laboratory workflows and protocols.
- The same applies to Cytof knowledge for data analysis.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 141504
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 46,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 69,000
- Science Jobs: Yes