The Genetics department is a basic science department located in the George and Cynthia Mitchell Basic Sciences Research Building at the world-renowned University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. The focus is on advancing knowledge of the molecular genetic mechanisms that regulate normal and abnormal cellular processes.
- Oversee daily aspects of the next-generation sequencing laboratory.
- Organize, coordinate and participate in scientific research projects under the direction of the Principal Investigator.
- Design, develop, or adapt equipment used in next-generation sequencing experiments or research to obtain desired results.
- Participate in assisting the P.I. in grant and manuscript preparation associated to the activities of the next-generation sequencing laboratory.
- Efficiently perform experiments, evaluate experimental results and revise techniques or approaches to troubleshooting.
- Monitor and maintain supply inventory so that workflow is not negatively affected.
- Perform quality control of the sequencing work, library preparations, template preparation and amplification, loading sequencing chips and carrying out sequencing reactions as it pertains to whole-exome sequencing, RNA-sequencing, deep sequencing, targeted sequencing.
- Interact with the investigators to advice and guide on the best approach for their sequencing studies.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
Preferred: Next Generation (NGS) and Single-Cell Sequencing experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 141023
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Day/Evening, Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 46,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 69,000
- Science Jobs: Yes