The Veterinary Medicine and Surgery department exists to serve MD Anderson research programs. Our primary mission is to provide the best possible veterinary care, facilities and services in support of the institutional animal care and use program, in keeping with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care accreditation standards.
- Task Coordination & Documentation
- Assists supervisor(s) with providing direction for day-to-day operations. Assists supervisor(s) in providing supervision, training, monitoring and evaluation of assigned personnel.
- Reports to Animal Resource Supervisor on a daily basis regarding operations, personnel, and administrative issues.
- Serves as a backup for all husbandry/cage wash positions. Participates in compliance functions (e.g., IACUC, AAALAC, USDA, etc.).
- Monitors electronic facility management systems, etc.
- Records data in the appropriate hardcopy or electronic system.
- Ensures that data is entered in a timely manner.
- Records the completion of assigned tasks using the electronic task management system.
- Completes all written documentation in clear and legible writing.
- Daily Observations & Backup
- Monitors assigned area(s) to ensure that tasks are being performed appropriately.
- Performs routine duties of personnel in assigned areas when needed.
- Serves on rotation for weekend/holiday supervisor.
- Facility & Equipment Maintenance
- Monitors overall facility conditions and reports problems to area supervisor.
- Ensures equipment sanitization occurs according to established schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Four years of animal care experience in an animal hospital/clinic, research facility or related field to include two years in specialized housing and/or technical procedures. With Associate’s degree, two years of required experience or with Bachelor’s degree, no experience required.
Required: Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) from the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) within 180 days of eligibility but no more than 868 days. Any employee hired or rehired after September 1, 2012 must possess required certification.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 141207
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 36,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 54,000
- Science Jobs: Yes