To assist the field offices and staff in developing and implementing a comprehensive natural resource conservation program throughout the geographic area of responsibility by providing technical guidance, assistance, and evaluation on matters related Farm Bill Programs and Conservation Program contracting and implementation.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to carry out various types of natural resource conservation programs, ensuring conservation goals are effectively and efficiently achieved.
- Assists landowners with the application of planned resource management systems in compliance with agency standards and specifications.
- Performs necessary follow up to ensure plans are being properly implemented.
- Provides program support to field office personnel and technical service providers in carrying out all Farm Bill Programs, policies and procedures in resource conservation planning, contracting, and conservation management systems implementation.
- Assists with field office operations including establishing goals, developing and implementing the team-wide plan of operations, determining workload, and the training of others.
- Promotes and assists in the development and implementation of long-range district plans and annual plans of work.
- Provides program management, training and quality control for NRCS Farm Bill Programs and other programs as they are legislated to the technical office and field offices.
- Represents the agency on county committees and/or task forces as directed by the supervisor; establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with other federal, state, and local agencies, units of government, and interested groups.
- Represents the agency at conservation district meetings and serves as an advisor to district committees as assigned, and participates with those groups in meetings, tours, and demonstration projects to explain resource conservation planning.