This position requires skills that apply Good Clinical Practices (GCP) in the recruitment and retention of research patients, organizing and ensuring data quality, record keeping, facilitating the collection and processing of biological specimens and test procedures, regulatory compliance management, and the ability to communicate well both orally and in writing with patients and colleagues. This position will entail executing multiple elements of human subjects’ research to provide support functions in studies related to chronic kidney disease at VAPORHCS.
Position summary: We are seeking a Research Health Technician to primarily perform all duties related to an observational study involving Veterans with diabetes and/or hypertension and how the dietary acid load affects kidney, bone, and muscle health. The hire will be under the direct supervision of the study PI (Kalani Raphael, MD) and work collaboratively with other members of the research team.
· Study recruitment, coordination, scheduling, purchasing
· Obtaining informed consent
· Administering surveys and standardized assessments,
· Study document and database management
· Maintaining the Manual of Operations, communication with study team members;
· Institutional Review Board approvals and requests.
· Biorepository specimen (blood and urine) aseptic handling, labelling, transport data entry.
· Assisting with regulatory compliance of studies.
· Assisting with poster, manuscript, report, and grant preparation;
· Ad hoc projects to support the PI including writing, communication, study coverage, etc.;
Experience and qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience with clinical research
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills to multi-task and attend numerous details
· Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Familiarity with CPRS and/or other electronic medical record systems
Salary: $51,117 – $66452 + Benefits
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume/CV to Dr. Kalani Raphael: email@example.com