TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit:
then click Apply to begin your application.
Starting salary range: $2,991.00 – $3,140.00 per month DOE
This position is full-time, non-exempt, working 40 hours per week Monday – Friday.
Bridgeview Housing / Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) offers a competitive benefit package including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee. Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 10 company paid holidays, and 17 days of paid time off in the first year.
Bridgeview Housing seeks to increase self-sufficiency in low-income households by connecting them to the available resources in the community through our large network of partners who provide direct service to households. This systemic approach and shared responsibility amongst partners in the community help break the cycle of poverty.
Bridgeview Housing operates all of the resident services programming of the Vancouver Housing Authority, and operates the Bridgeview Resource Center which offers a centralized location of service delivery for low-income households in Clark County.
Bridgeview also operates the Vancouver Housing Authority’s HUD-funded Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program which is an employment and savings incentive program for low-income families who receive VHA-subsidized housing. Through personalized case management, education and employment goal-setting, and a special incentivized savings account, the FSS Program aims to reduce the dependency on public programs like welfare and housing and increase self-sufficiency.
The Executive Assistant/Receptionist provides high-level confidential administrative support to the Executive Director; including, but not limited to: clerical, administrative, and project-based supports, scheduling assistance, serving as a liaison to the Board of Directors, taking meeting minutes, preparing reports, handling information requests and reception duties.
• Provides high-level confidential administrative support to the Executive Director; including, but not limited to: clerical, administrative, and project-based supports.
• Provides scheduling assistance to the Executive Director, establishing meeting times with teams. Groups, committees, partners, the Board, and other groups as appropriate, in addition to coordinating the facility room scheduling activities under the direction and support of the Executive Director.
• Serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors, taking meeting minutes, preparing reports and information packets, arranging food and/or catering needs, ensuring room is prepared for meetings, and providing communications to the Board at the request and guidance of the Executive Director.
• Assists with Partner Orientations, supporting registration, communications of event, room reservations and preparations, and educating partners on facility use, resources, and coordinating activities.
• Provides support in coordinating partner and building access and tracking of FOBs.
• Assists in making updates to social media and web platforms.
• Welcomes all Bridgeview Resource Center visitors. Assists with sign-in process and Connection Card introduction and completion. Facilitates visitors comfort and connection with the programming they have come to attend or the staff member they wish to see.
• Assesses needs and either provides requested information or forms or directs to the appropriate staff member. Assists filling out forms, looking up information, photocopying materials, or other related duties.
• Answers telephone calls for the agency on a multi-line system. Directs calls, takes messages, and makes appropriate referrals. Retrieves messages and responds accordingly.
• Responds independently and courteously to inquiries and complaints utilizing a trauma informed approach. Provides responses to routine questions and inquiries.
• Sorts ingoing and outgoing mail. Directs ingoing mail to appropriate partner or staff member. Ensures mail is addressed properly as required by VHA mail service and ready for pick up by mail service.
• Attends regularly occurring staff meetings of front-desk personnel to stay abreast of emergent needs and best practices related to reception and welcoming activities.
• Inputs client tracking data to appropriate database.
• Assists with class room scheduling, preparation and clean-up as assigned.
• Ensures Lobby and waiting area are free of clutter and children’s space is neat and clean.
• Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
• Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with Bridgeview Resource Center employees, partners, visitors and other work related contacts.
Education / Experience
• High school diploma required plus some higher level education or vocational training specializing in office skills plus at least 1 year of directly related experience or equivalent required.
• Demonstrated basic competency in Office Word, Excel, and data input.
• Experience working with vulnerable populations strongly preferred.
• Exposure to and/or understanding of the principles of a trauma informed workplace preferred.
A cover letter and resume are required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.bridgeviewhousing.org. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA/Bridgeview Housing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.