Your future begins now. Verisk ‘s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with real work experience, professional development, and networking opportunities.
We have opportunities for students interested in exploring business careers throughout the globe. Our teams include client service, finance, people leadership and culture, legal, operations, research and marketing communications, and more.
We are hiring in the following U.S. locations: Jersey City, NJ; White Plains, NY; Boston, MA; Lehi, UT.
At Verisk, we have a longstanding commitment to inclusion, diversity & belonging in our workplace and marketplace. Click here to read our statement on Racial, Equity and Diversity and learn more about our Employee Network Groups and our commitment to making a change.
What You Could Learn:
- Participate in detail-oriented risk or financial initiatives for our global company and/ or our clients. Depending on your experience and placement, you could be focused on technical analysis, risk, insurance, or consulting.
- Build professional relationships with coworkers and clients while offering support across business units.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently on projects.
- Conduct immersive research, analyze data, and develop innovative future programs to benefit our clients.
- Have a growth mindset to complete all responsibilities and be eager to learn.
- New technologies, including Microsoft access, excel, sql, and more.
What We’re Looking For:
Skills and Knowledge
- Seeking those who are collaborative, well rounded, passionate, and good work ethic.
- Strong communication skills, responsible, and highly motivated to take initiative.
- Ability to learn and adapt to a continuously changing technology.
You’ll notice we did not list specific skills. That’s because the “stuff” that matters, the passion, the quantitative mindset, the ability to be a good teammate but also operate independently – these are what we are evaluating you on. We seek innovators who can add to our culture, contribute to our growth, and strive for excellence.
- Enrolled in bachelors or masters program. We love folks with varied coursework, but you must possess an analytical mindset, passion for business, and a desire to innovate.
- A history of tackling projects with a quantitative lens, and a desire for data-driven insights.
- Verisk has opportunities in all 3 of our verticals: insurance, energy & specialized markets, and financial services. An interest or past experience in one of these industries is helpful, though not required.
- Technical skill requirements vary depending on the position. Be sure to include your technical skillset on your resume, and we can go from there. At a minimum, you should have Microsoft excel as a foundation.
The Intern Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g., H1-B visa) after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the summer intern role.
We want to get to know YOU. Once you apply, our team will review your application. Successful candidates will be invited to a two-stage interview process including:
- Digital Interview: Should your profile be a match; we will ask you to complete a digital interview. The digital interview allows our team to get to know you better. During it, you’ll “meet” several members of our team as they talk more about technical life at Verisk. We will then learn about your passions and interests. As we have a recruitment committee, this is a great way for several of our team-members meet you at once, and for you to meet several of our employees, as opposed to a traditional 1:1 interview.
- Final Live Virtual Interview: During this round, you’ll speak with members of our recruitment committee, who represent all our businesses across the US. At this point, we know you have the technical skills to succeed at Verisk and have the passion for this field. In this final round, it’s all about determining if you are the right fit for Verisk, and Verisk is the right fit for you.
- Offer: Our committee will then meet and discuss your candidacy. We will discuss your location, industry, and interests, as well as your ability to add to our culture at Verisk. If we extend you an offer, we will advise you as to the business and location where we are placing you.