Your future begins now. Verisk ‘s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with real work experience, professional development, and networking opportunities.
Are you excited about the opportunity to build new features and improve existing products that our clients use around the world? Do you want to work in a highly impactful and collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to innovate and solve complex technical problems? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
We have opportunities for students interested in exploring software development careers throughout the globe. Our teams include Software Engineers, Full Stack Developers, Data Management, Cloud Specialists, and more.
We are hiring in the following U.S. locations: Jersey City, NJ; White Plains, NY; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA.
At Verisk, we have a longstanding commitment to inclusion, diversity & belonging in our workplace and marketplace. Click here to read our statement on Racial, Equity and Diversity and learn more about our Employee Network Groups and our commitment to making a change.
What You Could Learn:
- Analyze and develop custom made solutions for global company and high-profile clients
- Employ proficient programming knowledge to create new applications to optimize business
- Uncover and anticipate breaches or security flaws to protect customer information and prevent online threats
- Perform hands-on coding, configuration and testing with a team and individually
- Contribute to new and existing applications along with creating enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure
- Working cross-functionally across Data Science, Business Analysis and other teams
Skills and Knowledge:
- Eagerness to learn, take on new projects, and experience all aspects of software development
- Basic working knowledge with program/coding terminology, web/app design, and data management
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology
- Engaged, focused, organized, and detail-oriented problem solvers
- Enrolled in bachelors or masters program or bootcamp with coursework in computer science, data structures, logic and computation, etc.
- Verisk businesses leverage a wide variety of tech stacks, and you may be working on Java, .Net, or something else, depending on the business where you are assigned. It would be helpful (though not required) if you have some of the following experience:
- Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Front-End: Angular, React, NodeJS
- Back-End: Python, Java, C++, Spring, C#, Microsoft SQL, and other database technologies from Microsoft and/ or AWS
- Don’t worry about knowing all the technologies involved – we’ll teach you, but if you have any prior experience it’s a definite plus, so please be sure to include your technical skillset on your resume, so we can see your experience and interests.
The Intern Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g., H1-B visa) after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the summer intern role.
We want to get to know YOU. Once you apply, our team will review your application.
1. Technical Assessment: Should your profile be a match, we will ask you to complete a HackerRank technical assessment. In the assessment, you’ll have an opportunity to code in a language of your choice, and also answer some basic multiple-choice questions. This will help us understand how you approach and solve technical challenges. During this assessment, you’ll also have an opportunity to tell us more about your location and job interests.
2. Final Live Virtual Interview: During this round, you’ll speak with three members of our technical recruitment committee, who represent all our businesses across the US. At this point, we know you have the technical skills to succeed at Verisk and have the passion for this field. In this final round, it’s all about determining if you are the right fit for Verisk, and Verisk is the right fit for you.
3. Offer: Our committee will then meet and discuss your candidacy. We will discuss your location, industry, and technical interests, as well as your ability to add to our culture at Verisk. If we extend you an offer, we will advise you as to the business and location where we are placing you.