When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
Exciting opportunities exist within the Verizon’s Business Markets organization. As an Associate Solutions Engineering intern, you will be an integral part of a talented team collaborating with our Solutions Engineers to assist during their clients’ Digital Transformation journey.
This Associate Solutions Engineering Internship, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm and learn the practical application of concepts. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive throughout the 10 weeks of the internship. You will gain much experience in the field through on the job training.
In this internship, you may have the opportunity to:
– Assist in the development, design and implementation of out-of-the-box product solutions.
– Work with pre-sales solutions engineers.
– Provide post-sales support for tech migration.
– Attend learning programs and training sessions.
– Participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with a concentration in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Cary, NC.
Even better if you have:
– Knowledge of wireless services (data and voice) cloud, managed services IT, security, or mobility solutions.
– Certifications: CompTIA Network+, CCIE, CISSP, Wireless recognized certifications, CCENT, CCNA, CompTIA Security+, Cloud Provider and OEM certification.
– Demonstrated strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Previous experience in a technology-related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.