JOB TITLE: LAB TECHNICIAN
SUMMARY: The Temporary Lab Technician under close supervision from the Lab Manager and Quality Control Supervisor will perform laboratory tests for such purposes as quality control, process control, and/or product development. Conduct and analyze tests as prescribed by company procedures and, when applicable, ensure compliance with government regulations. This is an entry-level position.
1. Learn theory and application of analytical test methods, standard operating procedures, and equipment operation through on-going training program.
2. Set up, adjust and operate laboratory instruments required for routine lab analyses, utilizing a variety of techniques and equipment, such as titrimetric and colorimetric methods, pH meter, balance scales, spectrophotometer, gas chromatograph, evaporator, evaporator, distillation apparatus, refractometer, turbidimeter, flame, photometer, HPLC, hydrometers, and other equipment.
3. Test samples of in-process and manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications
4. Record test results on standardized forms and write test reports describing procedures used. Prepare graphs and charts.
5. Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment
6. Calibrate laboratory instruments
7. Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas
8. Conform to Good Laboratory Practices, Lab Sanitation, and Lab Safety procedures
9. Confer with Lab Manager and QC Lab Supervisor to resolve problems