JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
SUMMARY: The Production Supervisor under limited supervision from the Production and Assistant Production Manager will help develop daily production and employees schedules to achieve production and shipping requirements. Assist in scheduling activities of production employees and supervisors to achieve specific production, quality safety and sanitation goals. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with Vie-Del’s policies, the union contract and all applicable laws and ensure the security of the Company’s assets.
1. Plan and allocate production resources to ensure that all products are produced at the highest quality, for the lowest possible cost, while conforming to specifications and other applicable requirements.
2. Clearly convey production requirements, priorities, specifications and work orders to production employees.
3. Coordinate production schedule, estimate machine hour and worker hour requirements for the completion of each job, and assigns duties accordingly.
4. Direct setup and adjustment of production line and machines.
5. Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment and worker performance, quality of product, and sanitation of the plant.
6. Analyze production, resolve work issues.
7. Enforce safety regulations and sanitation standards.
8. Confer with Supervisors to coordinate activities of various shifts and crews.
9. Work closely with the laboratory to keep abreast of quality concerns.
10. Communicate with maintenance in regards to any equipment issues or concerns.