Catering Cook/Driver needed to join catering team at Volunteers of America Oregon. Catering for a Cause provides healthy food and full service catering for corporate clients, institutions and other organizations.
The Catering Cook/Driver is responsible for preparing large batch meals in a fast-paced environment and delivering them to catered events in a timely manner. Maintain a clean kitchen and work area, comply with sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards, and pick up supplies as directed by the Program Manager.
Successful candidates are team-players, enjoy meaningful work, are flexible in their schedule, and want to work within an enthusiastic team environment.
Compensation: $15.60 – $18.20/hour (Depends on Experience and/or Certifications). Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits! Benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) with automatic 5.5% contribution after 18-months regardless of employee participation, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts. Generous paid time off plan includes 15 days in the first year, 23 days in the second year, and 26 days in the third year.
· Prior commercial cooking experience is preferred.
· USDA recipes and guidelines experience a plus.
· Knowledge of the Portland Metro area and ability to navigate variable routes efficiently and safely.
· Current Multnomah County Food Handlers Permit, or obtain within 30 days of hire.
· Customer and client service focus
· Stress management and composure
· Collaboration skills as team member
· Ability to read and follow directions
· Ability to safely drive van through traffic and various parking sites.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
· Ability to pass a criminal background check.
· A current driver’s license and the ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
· Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evening and holidays.
· Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/about-us/careers/
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We’ve earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we’ve been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can’t imagine doing what we do. We say, “We can’t imagine not doing it!”
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.