Who we are & What we do.
W. W. Clyde & Co. is a Heavy Civil Construction Company with a reputation for quality projects and innovative solutions for over 90 years. W. W. Clyde is based in Utah and completes heavy civil construction projects throughout the Intermountain West including: building roads and highways, bridges, dams, airport runways, installing large diameter pipe, earthwork at mines and for environmental reclamation.
POSITION: CONSTRUCTION INTERN
START DATE: This posting is for the summer of 2022.
LOCATIONS: Various Construction sites throughout Utah / Intermountain West.
Interns gains valuable on-the-job experience as they perform various assignments similar to those performed by Field Engineers, include tasks both out in the field and in the office. Project managers and other members of the project team become mentors as Interns assist in all aspects of the construction project, learning and developing the key roles and functions required to build the work.
- Reviewing and interpreting work plans. Understanding and applying specifications.
- Planning, performing and reviewing quality take-offs.
- Coordinating with and managing subcontractors.
- On-site inspections and quality control.
- Setting up project estimates, input job data into estimating software.
- Track supply quantities and take field measurements for billing and budgeting purposes.
- Communication and documentation of project progress.
- Pursuing a construction management or civil engineering degree. Must be at least a sophomore in the program.
- Willing and able to travel / temporarily relocate for the duration of the internship.
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethic and leadership ability.
- Good public relations and communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Previous experience working in construction or farming a plus.
POSTING CLOSES: October 10,2021
Apply online and SUBMIT A RESUME with your application.
W.W. Clyde and Co. is an “Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action” Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.