WAKU INTERNSHIP – Digital Marketing & Social Media
Waku is a rapidly growing Boston-based startup at the intersection of consumer-packaged goods (CPG) and social goods.
We are a direct-to-consumer beverage brand that makes herbal teas that support gut health, sustainably sourcing our ingredients directly from independent communities of Ecuadorian farmers helping to improve their livelihoods. Our products are primarily sold on our website, livewaku.com, and Amazon.com
We started Waku to replenish the world with the time-tested knowledge and homegrown flavors of Ecuador, while creating economic impact in Ecuador with our direct sourcing model.
About Waku, Inc.
Waku is a food and beverage company established in 2018 in Boston, MA. USA. Waku makes healthy and functional products using high quality Ecuadorian ingredients.
Time in Market: 3 years
Headquarters: Boston, Ma. USA
Waku’s Core Values:
- Always move forward: perseverance and grit are a must when you chase big dreams.
- Dream Big: it takes the same energy to dream small as it does to dream big.
- Be ALL IN and hold high standards: Excellence is a result of 100% commitment.
- Foster growth: always be curious and keep growing.
- Work hard and energize people.
- Enjoy the journey.
If you identify yourself with our values, you’ll be a great fit in Waku. All experience levels are welcome to apply!
What are we looking for:
We are looking for a digital marketing and social media intern to help us grow our company social media. You’ll work closely with our CMO and Content Creator to manage and increase performance of our online platforms like Instagram and Facebook platforms. This position represents a great learning opportunity and gain first-hand experience in e-commerce and digital marketing while being able to help shape the trajectory of a high- growth beverage startup.
1. Digital strategies to increase brand awareness on social media platforms. Collaborations and partnerships like giveaways with influencers and brands.
2. Lead Influencer Marketing Strategy: build a network of Influencers to make brand collaborations to increase brand awareness on social media platforms.
- Keep track of influencer-impacted engagement via Instagram insights/analysis
- Keep a log of what influencers have posted, what they’ve posted, and when (input all photos/videos/etc. into shared Google Drive folder)
- Keep a pulse on new followers
3. Reach out to new followers and push them towards purchasing Waku product via Instagram.
4. Write a weekly blog post pertaining to the Waku brand (examples of blog posts include, but are not limited to: benefits of any of the 20 herbs or flowers we use in our tonics, ways to improve gut health, recipes to improve gut health, etc.)
5. Designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence. Keeping our profile engaged with all of our followers.
6. Social Media weekly reports: sales, visits, social media growth.
7. Collaborate with the creative director to improve our look and feel of digital storefronts.
- Passion for sustainability, health, entrepreneurship, and global development.
- Either professional experience with digital marketing, social media and public relations.
- Project management and multitasking
- Understanding of E-commerce marketing design and KPIs
- Unshakable positivity with eagerness to learn
- Self-starter and problem solver
Start and end dates are flexible for those in graduate or undergraduate programs.
It is a part time position meaning it is 4 hours per day for 5 days a week.
The position is 100% remote work.
Based on performance, a full-time offer is possible at the end of the internship.
- Interns can receive school credit for participating in this internship and will gain valuable hands-on experience.
- The internship provides training that would be similar to that which would be given in an educational environment.
- The internship is tied to the intern’s formal education program by integrated coursework or the receipt of academic credit.
- The intern and the employer understand that the internship is conducted without entitlement to a paid job at the conclusion of the internship.