WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
WarnerMedia seeks a Virtual HBOMax Software Engineering Intern for the Direct to Consumer department.
Build the future of Streaming Media with us! We are the team that architects, codifies, owns and operates the scalable and resilient infrastructure that powers HBO’s flagship streaming products HBO Max and HBO Go. Our products are enjoyed by millions of customers around the world. We are software engineers with a passion for infrastructure, automation, tooling and security. Building reliability, performance and security into our streaming products is our mission. We are evangelists for infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, operational visibility and strongly believe that automation is the key to delivering reliable systems. We are looking for software engineering interns to help us expand our infrastructure as code efforts and to help us scale HBO Max globally!
We have multiple Software Engineering internships available in various departments including (but not limited to) Accessibility, Incident Response, Content Discovery, Video, Data Platforms and more!
By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within the available departments.
If you are selected for further consideration, a recruiter will reach out to you and provide more detail on the specific roles you are being considered for at that time.
- Architect, codify and build out the international infrastructure platform for HBO Max, expanding and adapting our existing platform to a global audience
- Champion best practices and uphold a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code
- Develop and support core functionality and components to support traffic shaping/routing
- Build security into our systems and infrastructure to avert disruption and maintain uptime
- Design & develop tooling that ensures resiliency and redundancy for our infrastructure with an eye towards reducing mean time to recovery in failure scenarios. Passion for making production deployments and severity events boring and uneventful
- Develop tooling and services that provide real time insight into service and system health for a large distributed system
- Collaborate with other world-class software engineers across HBO to deliver ground-breaking content and features for the future of streaming media
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 1+ year programming experience in C++ or C# or similar programming languages
- Ability to easily switch between independent and collaborative work
- Strong communication, problem solving and time management skills
- Experience with devices such as tablets, smart phones, and game consoles
- OS: Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
- Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th – April 15th; must be available for full program duration
- Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
- Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program
- Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.