· Support and execute daily planning of farm activities given by the area manager.
· Directs and coordinates through subordinate supervisory personnel farm activities:
o New technology R&D, implementation and optimization
o Chemical application and inventory
o Harvesting, thinning, pruning and tree architecture
o Crop load management
· Hire, train, and supervise workers engaged in farm activities.
· Be available for special projects.
· Evaluate oral and written reports, observe operations and monitor progress of work to detect
and resolve problems.
· Determine and authorize alternative procedures to accommodate variables, for example
weather conditions, water supply, and stage of crop or tree development.
· Analyze financial statements and make budget proposals.
· Initiate personnel actions, interpret company’s policy, and enforce safety regulations.
· Assist area manager on job priorities, piece rate jobs and piece rate setting.
· Coordinate crew movements in between farms.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred).
· Exceptional leadership and communication skills with the ability to drive and motivate
· Highly organized with the ability to adapt quickly to strategic change through critical thinking,
problem solving skills, conflict management and stress tolerance.
· Bilingual – English and Spanish.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license.
· Direct orchard related experience on growing and supervisory or management experience,
knowledge of agricultural production.
Compensation & Benefits:
· Annual salary commensurate with experience.
· All applicable company benefits including a company vehicle.
· 220+ acres of apples & cherries across four locations in the Yakima Valley.
· 5 varieties of apple, 5 varieties of cherry.
· Access to Washington Fruit’s network of growers and farming expertise.