This 12-month temporary position is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to launch their supply chain career. This San Diego based position is responsible for inventory planning, replenishment, and control, delivery of excellent services to external and internal customers and updating master files (item, costing, customer pricing, promotion and customer master files) in the ERP system. You will also develop and implement innovative solutions that address customer requirements while streamlining internal procedures.
If you’re ready to step into the world of Supply Planning, are curious and eager to learn, please consider applying for this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for analysis of inventory requirements; issues purchase orders for replenishment stock/product components and promotional items. Maintains inventory levels within the stated acceptable levels without experiencing any out of stocks in order to ensure the fulfillment of sales orders – impacts EBITDA.
- Co-ordinates and tracks inbound/outbound shipments and expedites stock orders if necessary.
- Processes goods received and ensures that all receipts are processed with accurate costs.
- Reconciles inventories on record versus actual physical counts annually; book to book monthly. Arranges disposition of any un-saleable stock. Responsible for advising Supply Chain Leadership Team of any outdated/obsolete inventory and reporting on and/or disposing of same.
Supply Planning Coordination
- Sets up the Bill of Materials, case/item specifications and managing the Intelex process to ensure that all parties complete their sections and obtaining the final approvals from Quality Team so that item can be accessed by third party packagers and production scheduled.
- Assists in the recommendation and development of supply chain policies, procedures and standards.
- Implements required Environmental Handing Fees programs and reporting to same on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Conducts the annual analysis and review of freight tenders to ensure the lowest rates. (EBITDA)
- Maintain inventory levels within the stated acceptable levels without experiencing any out of stocks in order to ensure the fulfillment of sales orders
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- College degree with an emphasis in supply chain or equivalent business experience.
- 1-3 years experience in supply chain, preferred
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple – we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!