Growing local CPA firm providing tax preparation, bookkeeping, payroll and business consulting services. Our firm is looking for an energetic, ambitious, hands-on and responsible individual to be trained to prepare payroll and financial statements for our well-sought-after clients. Duties will include payroll and financial statements using QuickBooks Desktop and/or Online software.
Payroll and Accounting Internship Responsibilities:
• Set up, maintain, and update payroll information on Quickbooks.
• Prepare payroll and payroll tax reports with information provided by clients.
• Make payroll tax deposits as required online.
• Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end reports/tax returns, 1099’s, W-2’s, etc.
• Record accounting transactions and perform bank reconciliations and prepare financial statements.
• Must be able to work well in a fast-paced office environment and adapt to time management for various client accounts and deadlines.
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or directed by supervisor.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Data Entry Skills, Quickbooks and/or Quickbooks Online experience, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Communication and Organizational skills.
- Dedicated work ethic, eagerness and ambition to become a CPA to serve individual and business clients. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent. We offer excellent career and compensation advance opportunity.
- Please submit your application, include a cover letter and a resume.
- Foreign language skill such as Chinese or Spanish is preferred but not required.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time Internship