Do you have a passion for technology? Are you interested in the Ag industry? Want to work with farmers and growers, adding value to their business? Are you a team player who can be successful working remotely with minimal supervision? Irrigation, water management, GIS/GPS, imaging, and/or ag software experience is a strong plus!
For a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Precision Ag Technology Specialist responsible for championing and implementing the agronomy toolset with branch personnel and current and potential Wilbur Ellis customers. The agronomy toolset collects tools and services that allow field sales and customers to capture detailed information for a particular crop, field, or grower. The toolset will provide improved agronomic recommendations, customer records, business analysis, and decision support. This is a full-time dedicated role with no direct sales responsibilities.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Intermediate knowledge and experience of precision ag program implementation and execution at the farm level
- Results-driven with a proven track record
- Basic knowledge of computers and software systems allowing data gathering and tracking on soils, crops, water management, pests and to help the grower determine specific precision technology needs
- Basic knowledge of all equipment utilized in building a technology program, including but not limited to Veris operations, data gathering, and map building, variable rate fertilizer application equipment (both liquid and dry), spray equipment (pesticides), pumps, computer systems, and interpretation of collected data, PDA’s used for record-keeping, water management systems, strip-till applications
- Familiarity with marketing techniques, financial accounting, and business value calculations
- Advanced interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to create relevant content and deliver to large groups
- Proficiency with computer usage and appropriate software
- Knowledge of agriculture technology start-up is a plus
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- 3- 5 years experience developing or implementing agronomy technology
- Ability to travel within the region and attend meetings
- Ability to fully participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Serve as the lead resource reference for technology within the assigned region with the expectation of supporting the branch teams in building a profitable precision agriculture segment where it fits the market and the infrastructure
- Implement Geography Field Technology business with goals/objectives
- Should meet regional needs as well as a mesh with geography goals
- Should be done in conjunction with area management and Geography Field Technology Manager
- Work directly with salesforce on:
- Developing customer/grower-specific technology programs, demonstrating site-specific techniques that increase crop production and/or improve crop management. This includes all segments of the Ag Verdict System, mapping, water management, fertility, record keeper, traceability, yield mapping, variable rate fertilizer applications
- Support Branch field activities, soil sampling, sensors, VR maps, new accounts
- Assist salespeople in selling growers
- Conduct training on all aspects of precision agriculture that enable the salespeople to be self-sufficient
- Make presentations on Technology to growers, branch teams, and Wilbur-Ellis management.
- Ensure open communication, data sharing, and an ability to convey an appropriate sense of urgency with branch personnel as necessary
- Build strong relationships within the branch teams and management
- Provide Tier 1 support for branch field technology lead
- Represent, advocate, and communicate area needs to geography team
- Represent, advocate and communicate national and geography goals/objectives to the area team
- Represent technology services for all Strategic Accounts within the region
- May be required to work with other teams to help build cooperative programs. IE: the nutrition team
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); pension plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.