WILLAMALANE PARK AND RECREATION DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of:
Youth Sports Coach- After-School All-Stars
General Statement Of Duties: Provide instruction, leadership and supervision to participants in athletic programs. Lead skill workouts, practices and competitions in an organized structure; does related work as required.
Distinguishing Features Of The Class: An employee in this classification is responsible for coaching and teaching youth and adults in athletic programs. Work is under the general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, who reviews work primarily based on results attained and on the accomplishment of outlined objectives and goals. Supervision is not normally a responsibility of positions in this classification; however, incumbents are responsible for confirming participation paperwork is received and schedules are distributed.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES PERFORMED:
(Illustrative only. Any single position of a class will not necessarily involve all of the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties that are not listed.)
- Assumes primary responsibilities for program-assigned tasks including, but not limited to, planning, organizing and scheduling of practice and games for participants.
- Assumes primary responsibilities to secure practice areas are safe and absent of all hazards and non-approved individuals.
- Report all participant injuries at practice and competition to the Recreation Supervisor. Provides first aid care as necessary.
- Carry necessary paperwork including emergency forms, medical and parent/guardian information to all practices and competitions.
- Ensure locker rooms are checked and cleaned on a daily basis.
- Oversee students leaving competition site with a parent or guardian and secure the students are signed out when applicable.
- Attend all coaches meetings and trainings necessary to facilitate program.
- Perform other job-related duties or tasks as required.
Knowledge: Considerable knowledge of methods involved in coordinating, scheduling and implementing a program of recreational activities, coaching methods and techniques, skills and safety precaution involved in sports programs, and record keeping; knowledge of computers and basic word processing.
Skills: First Aid and CPR.
Abilities: Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work successfully with youth, parents, co-workers and supervisor; work independently; act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physical Demands Of Position: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility including the ability to move materials weighing up to 25 pounds on a regular basis such as sports equipment, uniforms, and written materials. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 25% of the work period while working with youth in activities. Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to the disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
Experience And Training: High school graduation or equivalency and four years of experience in community education, parks and recreation, or related area which included working closely with youth and the general public; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform above-described duties.
Necessary Special Requirements: Concussion certification. Possession of current First Aid, AED and CPR certificates. Because this job is considered safety-sensitive, a drug screen test will be required prior to employment.
This position works Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 245-415pm at the Springfield Elementary Schools
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace
APPLICATIONS AND QUESTIONAIRES NEED TO BE FILED ONLINE AT:
250 S 32nd St
Bob Keefer Center for Sports and Recreation
Springfield, OR 97478
YOUTH SPORTS COACH- AFTER-SCHOOL ALL-STARS