Job Title: Housekeeping/Laundry Staff
Reports to: Secretary/Registrar, Camp Director
Position Purpose: It is the main responsibility of the Housekeeping Staff to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of Wisconsin Badger Camp as well as complete camper laundry in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain facilities in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings:
o Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills.
o Wet mop floors in all bathrooms daily.
o Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
o Clean sinks, mirrors, toilets, tubs, and showers daily.
o Wash windows as scheduled.
2. Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
3. Wash, fold and return all soiled camper clothing to the appropriate camper/counselor.
4. Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, American Camping Association, etc.
5. Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
6. Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
7. Maintain constant communication with leadership staff regarding camp life.
8. Abide by all policies and procedures as outlined in the staff training manual.
9. Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
10. Be able to instruct campers in emergency procedures and situations.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties:
- Noon watch/Night watch duties
- Assisting with special events
- Contributing to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested.
- Be alert of equipment and facilities to ensure proper care and maintenance; report necessary repairs promptly.
- Experience in a business or office setting
- Knowledge of office equipment use
- Must submit health history record prior to first day of work.
- Must be willing to live in camp setting and work irregular hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work on a team, relate and work well with others.
- Self starter and organizer.
- Ability to accept guidance, direction and supervision.
- Proficiency in the safe and proper use of cleaning equipment and tools.
· Understand the needs of the campers WBC serves
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance
· Have a sense of humor
· Aptitude for completing reports and paperwork
· Ability to communicate with others
Physical Aspects of the Job:
1) Be able to routinely (multiple times per day) lift and carry over 50 lbs.
2) Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures (weather, fire, etc.)
3) Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
4) Ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid (illness or injury).
5) Experience daily sun and heat exposure
Demands of the job may be such as to require you to assume duties not indicated that may be assigned by the Camp Director or person you are accountable to.