Wolfe Research – Legal and Compliance Assistant
General Counsel who leads the Legal and Compliance Department at Wolfe Research is seeking an assistant to join their Legal & Compliance team based in Midtown New York. This position at Wolfe Research is ideal for candidates who have interest in learning and working within a financial firm’s Legal and Compliance groups. This role will provide the right candidate the experience in a corporate, but entrepreneurial setting.
This position will require a high level of detail-oriented tasks, document management, employee engagement, and work organization and management. Responsibilities will also include traditional administrative tasks such as calendar management, phones, and data base maintenance for both Legal and Compliance teams.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in pursuing a compliance, legal or financial career. The candidate must have an exceptional attention to detail and precision in writing and document creation. The candidate must have an excellent command of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel. A successful candidate will have the temperament to work well under pressure in a demanding business environment.
Wolfe Research is a mentoring shop promoting professional growth. This position provides the unique opportunity to be exposed to sales, research, investment banking, and operations in a fast-paced environment of a quickly growing company.
· Tracking status of matters and metrics
· Maintaining relevant records and various logs
· Basic administrative support tasks
· Calendar management for both the General Counsel and the Chief Compliance Officer
· Various compliance tasks
· Ad hoc projects to support other departments as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree with a strong GPA
· Strong Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) experience
· An interest in Finance, Law or Compliance with a high degree of motivation to succeed as an individual and with a team
· Strong writing and communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong and unwavering attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize to complete tasks in a timely manner.